Monday, August 10, 2009

Poker Faith (6-22-09)

I have always enjoyed the game of poker long before it made its resurgence as a current fad. I’m actually not surprised by its popularity because I saw it germinate for decades in the spirit of people. Now I’m not talking of the poker face with a lisp and pronouncing it poker faith. I’m talking about faith but not the faith of Jesus I’ve spoken so much about. This faith is not the uncommon faith of Jesus but the prolific practice of the majority. Poker faith is that faith which has bluff inherent within it. It makes stabs at the pot without the cards to earn it. Its hope is that deception will go undetected. This was the faith of Judge Alsup. He even openly declared this upon the record. I knew right then that when he came to the table wagering his poker faith and I came wagering the faith of Christ I was going to win. I am not confused or bluffed by the persuasive weight of chips he can stack before himself. In fact the more he uses to convince me to fold is the more ultimately I will collect. Most of the world is like him. Unfortunately, most of the church is also. They have a faith they know to be deceptive but if they put on a poker face they hope the bluff will prevail. God can never be bluffed. He knows Christ holds all the aces. In historical fact the acea was the King of Kings. What nerve and what folly to try and bluff God into an answered prayer. Here’s one tell you can take away from the table of life, God always has the best hand and He never lies. Mercy is your only hope.

7 comments:

habakkuk said...

Great post Kurt!!

Mortgage free said...

How did Kurt win? he is in jail.

Yetter said...

May I suggest re read this post many times and others for perspective.

Mortgage free said...

Yetter are you talking to me? If you are why would I need to re-read. Kurt can say he is on a beach in Hawaii but he is not he is in jail.

Yetter said...

Then you have your answer. Kurt and Scott are in jail,no need to go any furthur.

habakkuk said...

Heres part of a blog written by another innocent man to his friends...

2 Timothy 2:8-10 (NLT)

8 Always remember that Jesus Christ, a descendant of King David, was raised from the dead. This is the Good News I preach. 9 And because I preach this Good News, I am suffering and have been chained like a criminal. But the word of God cannot be chained. 10 So I am willing to endure anything if it will bring salvation and eternal glory in Christ Jesus to those God has chosen. [Paul the Apostle]

...now thats what you call a FREE man.

Anonymous said...

I am always searching online for articles that can help me. There is obviously a lot to know about this. I think you made some good points in Features also. Keep working, great job ! fifaqq