Monday, April 25, 2011

The Nature of Endurance 1-24-2011

I’m now on the 35th day of my 40 day fast. The first real temptations to end it have arrived. One, is that hunger pangs are actually physical instead of just a mental will battle. Second, I could have been released from the SHU today, since there accusation was proven bogus, if I would eat.

So I have to choose greater suffering to finish the fast. But this fast is not without its wisdom. When one begins, a fast like this seems on insurmountable distance. 1-2-3 is far from 40. 3-6-9 meals missed is hardly a dent in 120. Yet if you take it day by day relying on the strength of the Lord the end arrives. It is here where wisdom speaks.

For we all face trials that test our resolve and endurance.

As I know the Lord can get me through a 40 day fast by His own example I know through Him I can overcome any trial by His example. What He’s taught is the finish lines are our promise if one will rest in a trust worthy love and rely upon His strength.

I was successful in this fast by the same practice that makes me successful in all my battles. 40 seems impossible but it was not, Dorean’s victory seems impossible but it will likewise prove it is not. A finish line that distant at first continues to approach me. With His strength it says all things are possible. I now have a 40 day fast as witness that what was true for a season is true for an entire life. I will endure. I will finish and I will overcome temptation, the flesh, and the enemy to be victorious Perhaps a bit faster than we think.

3 comments:

BigO said...

THANKS FOR THE PHONE CALL BROTHER,HOPE TO SEE YOU VEDRY SOON!!!!

BigO said...

THANKS FOR THE PHONE CALL BROTHER,HOPE TO SEE YOU VEDRY SOON!!!!

Big "O"

1=1=1+1

SEE YOU AT THE TOP!!!!!

BigO said...

1+1+1=1 *******